Michael's Peach Cobbler, Chicken, and Beef Stew

At the same World's Fair, Michael's Boy Scout troop also made a one pot peach cobbler recipe. I can't wait to try this one!

1 recipe of Bisquick bisuits, sweetened
lots of peaches, with cinnamon and cloves if you have them. Fresh peaches are great if you have them, but are not for Scouts.

Put the peaches and spices in a Dutch over and stir and simmer. When you get impatient, put the uncooked biscuit dough on top of the peaches and cover. Put coals on top of the pan or use a regular oven and bake until it smells done. Don't stir.

You can substitute chicken or beef stew, but hold the sugar in the recipe.

Andree adds: we used this beef stew Bisquick recipe when I went camping with my family when I was a child. It was my favorite camping supper!

Visit Michael at Everything In Particular, Nerd Shots, Calling All Blondes, Pictures I Love, Those Things Unseens, Impressions and Silk Creek Portal.
pea

_/\_/\_

Comments

  1. I forgot to tell you, Andree, what was going on during the baking process at the World's Fair in 1965. I was a member of the official Boy Scout Service Corps. Our duty, for the two weeks our troop from Michigan were there, consisted of four main things:
    1) give demonstrations of Scoutcraft at the outdoor United States Boy Scout Pavilion
    2) raise and lower all the US flags at the Fair...every day
    3) bitch about not being able to go see the Beatles at Shea Stadium while they were in town, and
    4) direct visitors to the nearest bathroom, wherever we went, wherever we were, wherever we tried to hide but couldn't because we had these bright red Scout jackets with a huge emblem on the back...

    Oh, and you forgot the brown sugar...

    ...if we had done that, no merit badge for us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate and welcome your comments. You can e-mail me directly at meeyauw at gmail dot com.